Welcome, parents! You're here because you care about passing on your faith to your kids. That's a great thing and we have set up our Youth Faith Formation to help you every step of the way. Our Youth Faith Formation program has wonderful catechists and the full support of our priest and deacons who are all working together to help teach the fullness of faith to your children. Please be in touch with questions--- I'll be happy to hear from you.
the meantime, please explore this page where you can find a program
perspective, schedule, cost info, and registration documents at the
bottom of the page.
YOUTH FAITH FORMATION PERSPECTIVE
METHODOLOGY: We are implementing a model of Youth Faith Formation this year with a focus on “Intergenerational Instruction.” Supplementing regular Youth Faith Formation meetings, we will also regularly meet together on some Wednesdays at St. Joseph’s as a faith community, parents and children. Families will attend the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and after learn about the central truths of our Faith. It is a model of education which gives greater opportunity to encounter the faith as a family. For parents it gives more opportunities to discuss their faith with their kids. Parents and students are obligated to attend.
PARENTAL ROLE MODEL: The most important component of your child’s faith formation is the role model you provide as a parent. Your children will not be properly raised in the Catholic faith if you neglect to bring your family to weekly Sunday mass (as we are all obliged), if you rarely teach or even talk about your faith, if you do not pray daily as a family. Make these items a personal priority. They are more important than this program, which can only be a supplement to the faith life you are called to foster in your families. This message needs to be clear to all Catholic parents in our community. We need RE families to be consistently practicing their Catholic faith throughout the year; it is a prerequisite for this program to be effective. Thank you for supporting this!
YOUTH FAITH FORMATION SCHEDULE 2016-2017
- August 31 DIOCORE Catechist In-Service @ Peosta, 6:30PM
- September 7 Initial Catechist Meeting @ SJ Rectory– 6:30 PM
- September 14 Parent Registration/Orientation Meeting @ St. Joseph – 6:30 PM
- September 21 Meeting in classroom
- September 28 Meeting in classroom
- October 6 6:30 PM Mass @ St. Joseph, followed by intergenerational instruction
- October 12 NO MEETINGS: Conferences
19 Meeting in Classroom
- October 26 Meeting in Classroom: Special "the Saints Come Marching In" Service
- November 2 6:30 pm Mass @ St. Joseph *Holy Day of Obligation: All Souls' & All Saint' Memorial Mass*
- November 9 Meeting in Classroom
- November 16 Meeting in Classroom
- November 23 No Meetings- Thanksgiving
- November 30 Meeting in Classroom: Special Christmas Card Crafting
- December 7 6:30 pm Mass @ St. Joseph *Holy Day of Obligation: Feast of the Immaculate Conception*
- December 14 No Meetings: Christmas Choir Concert @ Marquette
- December 21 Meeting in classroom Special Christmas Caroling around Cole Park
28 No Meetings– Christmas Break
- January 4 Meeting in Classroom
- January 11 Meeting in classroom
- January 18 6:30 pm Mass @ St. Joseph, followed by Intergenerational Instruction
- January 25 Meeting in classroom
- February 1 Meeting in Classroom
- February 8 6:30 pm Confirmation Mass with Archbishop Jackels
- February 15 Meeting in Classroom: Protection of Children Class
- February 18 2nd Grade
Reconciliation Retreat @ SJ Kieffer Hall 9:30-12:30
- February 22 Meeting in classroom
- March 1 6:30 pm Mass @ St. Joseph (Ash Wednesday) followed by Intergenerational Instruction
- March 8 No Meetings: Conferences
15 Meeting in Classroom
- March 22 Meeting in Classroom
25 2nd Grade Communion Retreat in St. Joseph's Kieffer Hall 9:00-12:00
- March 29 Meeting in Classroom, First Reconciliation for 2nd Graders @ St. Joseph Church
- April 5 Meeting in classroom
- April 12 Meeting in classroom
- April 19 Meeting in Classroom
- April 26 Meeting in Classroom
- April 30 First Communion for 2nd Graders in both Churches
- May 3 Meeting in Classroom
10 6:30 pm End of Year Mass
with talk with Fr. Kruse; BBQ and Potluck to Follow Mass
- May 17 Catechist meeting 7 PM at Rectory
February 18th (9-12PM @ SJ) First
Reconciliation: 6:30PM March 29
- Communion Pre-Retreat: March 25th (9-12PM@ SJ) First Communion: April 30th SPP (8:00AM), SJ (10:15AM)
-Confirmation: February 8 @ SJ (6:30 pm)
Registration fee is $75 for one child; $120 for two; $175 for three of more.
Additional fees may be collected for retreats, rallies, and/or field trips as necessary.
Registration Documents are available at the parish office - 872-3234
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
NewsNotes from the Office for the Protection of Children from the Archdiocese of Dubuque are below for your review. This is a five part series. The purpose of these publications is to help all of us be more informed of the issues and topics related to the abuse of children. It is our sincere hope that by partnering together we can continually provide the safest possible environment for all our young people to grow into healthy, Christ-filled adults.
Additional resources can be found at the Virtus website at http://www.virtusonline.org.